Thursday, September 16, 2010

Web 2.0 Experience

This experience was extremely beneficial. I now have access to so many resources that I can use in my future classroom. I have learned about tools that make learning fun, such as Wordle. There are also tools for students to have direct contact with the teacher and homework assignments, like Glogster and Delicious. Prezi is a site that is beneficial to teachers because it makes presentations more exciting and interesting for the students. I know that I will use many of these sites in my elementary classroom. The great part about each of these tools is that they can be used from kindergarten all the way up to high school.

One down side of some of the tools we discussed is that they may be blocked by the school. If you use Delicious, there is an easy way for kids to get links to other sites that may be harmful or inappropriate. It would be nice if we, as teachers, could trust each of our students to do what is right and make the right decisions, but the fact is some students won't. In that case the teacher would have to do guided teaching when the students were using these sites.

This web 2.0 wiki has so much information on it. Knowing that technology is constantly changing I am excited to know that I have some of the most recent technological knowledge. It is exciting to know that I can teach other teachers about these tools also. Hopefully I can make learning more interesting for my students than when I was their age. I think the only question I still have wikis is: How can a wiki be deleted? My concern about this is because I don't want this wiki deleted so I can have access to this when I start teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment