Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Using Web 2.0 Tools!

This week we are learning about tools on the web that can be used in the classroom. Today we talked about Wordle, Glogster, Animoto, and Twitter. I have only heard of Twitter, used to follow my favorite celebs! So I decided to learn more about Animoto. It is a tool used to create videos by using words, pictures, and sound. It is free for a 30-minute video, and all you need is an email account.

After I created an account, I decided to make a fun little video about my fiance' and myself throughout our years of dating. First, I decided on a background. There were cute hearts using pinks and reds, so of course I chose that! Then, I selected upload files from computer. I used Facebook to find pictures from the beginning of our relationship up until our engagement. I uploaded those pictures in order and the final step was to choose a song. Animoto had selected a song that it thought would be useful for my "Love" theme, so I trusted it's opinion. After finishing up my video, Animoto notified me via e-mail that my video was ready for viewing. It was just a fun little video that I used to learn more about this particular web 2.0 tool, but it was interesting to see how easy it was to make a video. Animoto gives you the option of subscribing for $3 per month in order to make longer videos.

I can definitely tell how teachers could use this in the classroom. It would also be fun to use on parent-teacher conference nights to show the parents what has been going on in the classroom. You could take pictures of field trips, class projects, the class pet, fall festivals, and field days. It is fun to use and a good tool to get to know. I would recommend this for teachers to use and familiarize themselves with.

Check out my LOVE video!

No comments:

Post a Comment