Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Using Images in the Classroom

We used Picasa this week, which is like a photo album on the web. It is a good way for teachers to share their classroom activities with parents and other teachers. Picasa allows you to edit and share pictures. The most difficult part of this assignment was resizing the pictures to fit. Other than that, it was fun. This is not something I would expect my elementary aged students to be able to do, because I had difficulty with it. It does seem like a fun project for high school students to collect pictures that represent themselves or a subject they are learning about. In my classroom, I would take pictures of the students on field trips, fall festivals, or during assemblies. This would allow the parents to see all the fun activities their children are participating in. I think Picasa is great for the classroom for teachers or students to use. It is also fun to share your pictures with family members and friends so they can see all the fun that you, as a teacher, are having in your classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment