Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inspiration Project


This week I worked with a software called Inspiration. This allows you to create a web-like device that can be used to talk about a specific topic. I used the topic of "Seasonal Activities". From there I broke it down into the four seasons and then three activities for each season. Inspiration allows you to use pictures and links to expand students' learning.

I really liked using Inspiration and would love to use it in my classroom. Instead of doing a basic worksheet or powerpoint I would use this to allow students to get the big picture. The pictures make it fun and informative. Inspiration lets you change colors of the background, the font size and style, and make the bubbles any shape you like. It also lets you add links to the words. I linked my main bubble to a website that tells about the temperatures and activities for each season.

This is the first time I have used Inspiration, so it was a little confusing at first. There is so much you can do with it, so it would take some practice to learn all of the details. I would love to be able to use Inspiration more so I could create fun learning opportunities for my students. I would definitely recommend this for teachers to use in their classrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment